The New York City Department of Small Business Services will be hosting an Emerging Business Enterprise (EBE) Certification Program webinar. The EBE certification workshop is for Socially and Economically disadvantaged businesses.
To be eligible for EBE Certification, a business must be:
• At least 51% owned, operated, and controlled by persons who can demonstrate social and economic disadvantage, and who have experienced chronic and substantial negative treatment in the United States. The persons' ability to compete might have been impaired due to diminished access to capital and credit, and the net worth of each socially and economically disadvantaged owner must be less than $1 million.
• A for-profit business (i.e. Sole Proprietor, General Partnership, Limited Partnership, Limited Liability Partnership, Limited Liability Company, or Corporation)
Note: Nonprofit organizations are not eligible for EBE certification
• Authorized to do business in New York State.
Join us to learn about the following.
• EBE Certification program overview
• Registering in the Payee Information Portal (PIP)
• Registering for product service (NIGP) codes
• Starting an EBE certification application via SBS Connect
*** You will receive a link to the webinar prior to the start of the event